Get-DscResource with Composite Resources

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rob Pleau Rob Pleau 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rob Pleau
    Rob Pleau
    Participant

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can take a look and maybe point out what I could be doing wrong here. I am trying to break up a big configuration into smaller composites. For the time being I was going to include all the composite resources in a single resource module. It seems to let me use the composites when I create a new configuration and reference the composites but whats strange is I never can see them listed as 'Composite' when doing a Get-DscResource.

I have some example code here which has the same issue as my real configurations, the example code configurations are just populated with dummy text for the most part so anything within the here strings to create the schema files might seem wacky.

Can anyone see anything glaringly wrong?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by Profile photo of Rob Pleau Rob Pleau.
    Profile photo of Bob Dean
    Bob Dean
    Participant

Viewing this quickly from my phone, but I'm certain that your composite resources need to be placed in a folder called DSCResources.

In your case TestModule\DscResouces\CompositeResource...

Rob Pleau
    Participant

Good catch thanks, I updated the gist! I definitely missed that directory when creating my test example. I still don't seem to be able to see the composite resources missing having added that though so i'm still stumped. One additional note. I know it was likely unrelated but I did this on both WMF5 and WMF5.1 preview with same results, the composites not listed.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

To confirm – are you able to -use- but not -see- the resource?

Rob Pleau
    Participant

From the looks of it yes, I can create a configuration after doing Import-DSCResource and specifying the composite resource or resource module and then get intellisense if I reference it. I know it seems picky I wasn't sure if I was just doing something wrong in my top level module manifest.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.