Get-execution policy of all Domain Controllers in Forest

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Taylor Jeff Taylor 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jeff Taylor
    Jeff Taylor
    Participant

I wish to query all the domain controllers in a multi domain forest for get-executionpolicy and then set it to Remote Signed (Windows 2008 R2) without using Group policy.

How can I do this once I have

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

...once you have what?

Jeff Taylor
    Participant

HI Don,

Apologies for this incomplete question. I believe that the "once I have.." came from another reply to an email.

The original question I had is for essentially running PS across domain boundaries. Since I first posited the question here, I have grabbed a copy of PS in a Month of Lunches (which I am thoroughly enjoying). I'm sure the answer is there and although advised to read it sequentially, perhaps you can throw me a clue where and when to look out for the answer?

thanks again
    Jeff

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

So, if you're looking to use Remoting to query across domain boundaries, grab "Secrets of PowerShell Remoting" (it's a free ebook – check the Resources menu here). It covers everything. You'd want to use the Invoke-Command cmdlet to check/modify the registry on each machine (the registry is where the machine-wide Execution Policy is stored).

Jeff Taylor
    Participant

Many thanks Don

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.