get list of ad-users with follow fields

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  edwin arlington 1 week, 5 days ago.

• Author

Jeremy-Smit
    Participant

I try to create a script with the follow field but i cant get a hold of what kind of names i need to fill in, so far i have:

Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=NL,DC=corp,DC=local" -filter * -Properties * | ? {$_.extensionAttribute6 -ne $null} | Select-Object CN, SamAccountName, extenstionAttribute6, Mail, Description, Info, AccountExpirationDate, PasswordNeverExpires, CannotChangePassword | Export-Csv –NoTypeInformation  C:\windows\temp\External_accounts.csv

I need to have the follow fields in it
    Naam User
    Datum Creation
    Land User
    Attr 6
    Password never exp
    CannotChange password
    Password NOT required
    Notes field
    Email address

I cant figure out what for names i need to use for
    – password never expires
    – cannotchangepassword
    – passwordnotrequired

Don Jones
    Keymaster

This http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/UCA_Web_Help/Admin_Web_Help/7.0/uca/common_ad_ldap_field_mappings.htm may help – it shows all the fields in the GUI, and then provides the underlying attribute name for each.

David Schmidtberger
    Participant

well, i usually take 2 approaches when trying to figure out attribute names on ad objects, one, i just look at a single object with -prop *

if i can't easily figure out just reading through the list, i default to looking at the help for set-aduser.
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee617215.aspx
    for these i see:
    PasswordNeverExpires
    CannotChangePassword
    PasswordNotRequired

be aware, the notes field is a multi-value field so it requires more work/thought

postanote
    Participant

You can also just output all the properties and their values this way..

(Get-ADUser -Filter * -Properties *) | Select -First 1

Jeremy-Smit
    Participant

So thank you for the support so far

my script is now working for i want.

Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=NL,DC=corp,DC=local" -filter * -Properties * | ? {$_.extensionAttribute6 -eq $null} | Select-Object CN, SamAccountName,extenstionAttribute6, Mail, Description, Info, AccountExpirationDate, PasswordNeverExpires, CannotChangePassword, PasswordNotRequired | Sort-Object {$_.PasswordNeverExpires -eq "True"}| Format-Table

But there will be the question i want to see only the users that passwordneverexpires is false,
    Wich command do i need for that i tried serveral and tried google but no result

David Schmidtberger
    Participant

just add the condition in your where-object:

Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=NL,DC=corp,DC=local" -filter * -Properties * | Where-Object {($_.extensionAttribute6 -eq $null) -and ($_.passwordneverexpires -eq $false)} 

(i changed your "?" to the proper command for easier readibility, Best practices is to not use aliases)

Jeremy-Smit
    Participant

Ah great thankn you for the information.

Euhm to build out my script i try te use the select object and then all objects of whencreated for like a specific month, is this possible.

I searching my ribs out on google and youtube but dont get further.

Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=NL,DC=corp,DC=local" -filter * -Properties * | 
    Select-Object CN, SamAccountName,WhenCreated, Extensionattribute6, Mail, Description, Info, AccountExpirationDate, PasswordNeverExpires, CannotChangePassword, PasswordNotRequired | 
    sort-object Whencreated | 
    select-object -last 5 | format-table

David Schmidtberger
    Participant

this is a scripting guy post that can show you how to deal with date objects (and specifically the whencreated attribute, just ignore the quest cmdlet references)
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2011/12/23/use-powershell-to-audit-active-directory-user-account-creation/

David Schmidtberger
    Participant

can't seem to post urls this morning...

but if you google "use powershell to audit ad account creation"

you should find a scripting guy article from dec 2011 that will walk you through an option for comparint the datetime objects that are in whencreated

just ignore the quest cmdlet references... get-aduser should work fine with that approach as well

Jeremy-Smit
    Participant

First of all thank you for all the information and support.

I thought wy not share my final script with you guys.
    at the end i have scripted that it will be outputted to html, for that i do a quick training to create fancy reports

If you have some tips just give them.

system.reflection.assembly]::loadwithpartialname('microsoft.visualbasic') | Out-Null
    $Country = [microsoft.visualbasic.interaction]::inputbox('Fill in the Country name in the short OU version','Country')
    $givendate = [microsoft.visualbasic.interaction]::inputbox('Fill in the begin date of the month','Given Date')
    $Lastdate = [microsoft.visualbasic.interaction]::inputbox('Fill in the last date of the month','Last Date') 
    $BeginDate = get-date $givendate
    $EndDate = get-date $Lastdate

$OurUsers = Get-ADUser -SearchBase "OU=$country,DC=corp,DC=local" -filter * -Properties *
    $OurUsers | Where-Object {$_.whencreated -gt $BeginDate} | Select-Object CN, SamAccountName,WhenCreated, Extensionattribute6, Mail, Description, Info, AccountExpirationDate, PasswordNeverExpires, CannotChangePassword, PasswordNotRequired| Sort-Object whencreated -Descending |convertto-HTML | Out-File C:\Scripts\HTML-Output\test.htm

edwin arlington
    Participant

You can try the below command:

get-aduser -Properties * | select-object SamAccountName,ProfilePath,HomeDirectory,homeDrive | Export-Csv c:\users.csv -NoTypeInformation

or

Get-ADUser -Properties Description -Filter {Description -like $Description} -SearchBase 'OU=contoso, DC=contoso, DC=local' | select Name, DistinguishedName, Description | Export-Csv -path C:\description2.csv -NoTypeInformation

For more information, please refer to the article.
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Getting-Users-ALL-7417b71d

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.