Get list of user and shared mailbox who have full, SendAs and SendOnBehalf right

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jon 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

• Author

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Hi All,

I have a powershell script that needs to be modified to get list of mailboxes (shared and User) that have Full, SendAs and SendOnBehalf and list those users and export it to csv.

$RMailbox = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails Usermailbox,Sharedmailbox -ResultSize Unlimited
    $(Foreach ($R in $RMailbox){
    $St = $R | Get-MailboxStatistics 
    	New-Object PSObject -Property @{
    		Name = $R.Name
    		Email = $R.PrimarySmtpAddress
    		LastLoggedOnUserAccount = $St.LastLoggedOnUserAccount
    		LastLogonTime  = $St.LastLogonTime
    		LastLogoffTime = $St.LastLogoffTime
    		FullMBXPerm = ($R | Get-MailboxPermission |?{$_.AccessRights -like "Fullaccess" -and $_.User -NotMatch "(Self|SYSTEM|^S-1-5-)"} | %{$_.User.ToString()}) -join ","
    		SendAs = ($R | Get-ADPermission |?{$_.ExtendedRights -like "Send-as" -and $_.User -NotMatch "(Self|SYSTEM|^S-1-5-)"} | %{$_.User.ToString()}) -join ","
    		Owner = ($R | get-recipient).Manager
    	}
    }) | Select Name,Email,Owner,FullMBXPerm,SendAS,Last* | Export-Csv C:\Scripts\Output.csv -NTI -Append

The only thing missing in this script is users having SendOnBehalf rights to mailboxes. Can anyone help me added it in the script please.

Jon
    Participant

I would add this into your custom object

SendOnBehalf = $R.GrantSendOnBehalfTo

If you only want it to return when valued something like this

SendOnBehalf = $R | Where {$_.GrantSendOnBehalfto -ne $null}

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Thanks Jon,

I tried the solution. It gives wrong users in Sendonbehalf Columns. Mostly the actual Mailbox owner comes in that column rather than user who has SendOnBehalf rights. Any ideas?

$RMailbox = Get-Mailbox -RecipientTypeDetails UserMailbox,Sharedmailbox -ResultSize Unlimited
    $(Foreach ($R in $RMailbox){
    $St = $R | Get-MailboxStatistics 
    	New-Object PSObject -Property @{
    		Name = $R.Name
    		Email = $R.PrimarySmtpAddress
    		LastLoggedOnUserAccount = $St.LastLoggedOnUserAccount
    		LastLogonTime  = $St.LastLogonTime
    		LastLogoffTime = $St.LastLogoffTime
    		FullMBXPerm = ($R | Get-MailboxPermission |?{$_.AccessRights -like "Fullaccess" -and $_.User -NotMatch "(Self|SYSTEM|^S-1-5-)"} | %{$_.User.ToString()}) -join ","
    		SendAs = ($R | Get-ADPermission |?{$_.ExtendedRights -like "Send-as" -and $_.User -NotMatch "(Self|SYSTEM|^S-1-5-)"} | %{$_.User.ToString()}) -join ","
    		SendOnBehalf = ( $R | Where {$_.GrantSendOnBehalfto -ne $null})
    		Owner = ($R | get-recipient).Manager
    	}
    }) | Select Name,Email,Owner,FullMBXPerm,SendAS,SendOnBehalf,Last* | Export-Csv C:\Scripts\MailboxRights.csv -NTI -Append

Does the SendOnBehalf need to look like this? Not sure if it would make much sense either. Any help would be great.

SendOnBehalf = ( $R | Where {$_.GrantSendOnBehalfto -ne $null -and $_.User -NotMatch "(Self|SYSTEM|^S-1-5-)"} | %{$_.User.ToString()}) -join ","

Jon
    Participant

It looks like you may be running exchange on prem? I only have exchange online to validate against. In O365 GrantSendOnBehalfTo is valued as null if no one else is granted that permission.

Not knowing how it behaves on premise, I can't tell you how to format it. You will need to play around with it until you get the query that suits your needs.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.