Get-Mailbox and Get-MailboxFolderPermission

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mariuxi Pacheco 1 year, 9 months ago.

• Author

Mariuxi Pacheco
    Participant

I am new to PowerShell.
    Trying to retrieve inbox folder permission for a set of users. but I don't see a direct pipeline between Get-Mailbox and Get-MailboxFolderPermission.

Get-Mailbox |% {Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity ($_.Alias + ":\Inbox")} | Select Identity, FolderName,User, AccessRights |Export-Csv c:\text.csv

Matt Bloomfield
    Participant

I'm not sure what you're asking. Do you just want to know what's happening when you run the command you posted or are you having a problem with the command?

Peter Jurgens
    Participant

Unfortunately get-mailboxfolderpermission does not take pipeline objects directly from any other cmdlets so what youre doing is correct and really the only supported way at this time.

tommymaynard

You can pipe Get-Mailbox to Get-MailboxFolderPermission (in Exchange 2013, at least), but it only returns results for Top of Information Store, not the Inbox. Therefore, I'd also agree that you'll need to utilize ForEach-Object so that you can append :\Inbox (or whatever other folder name), to the alias.

Peter Jurgens
    Participant

In my personal experience I've used get-mailboxfolderstatistics to get mailbox folder id's (folderid property) as I've also had to deal with folder names with Unicode characters. That one is :
    [alias/emailaddress]:[folderid]
    for the identity parameter of get-mailboxfolderpermission

Mariuxi Pacheco
    Participant

Everyone! Thanks for your responses. this is helpful.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.