Get the remote server's sql server database file path !

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Get the remote server's sql server database file path !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 2

Hi,

I configured the sql server as E:-drive for   default db files(master.mdf and .ldf , model .mdf and ldf  and same remaining two dbs ) and F: drive to store the custom db data files (user created db such as x.mdf)  and G: drive for custom db log file (x.ldf).

x is my local server and y is remote server .

I need to fetch the y"s sql server file location from x.

so  here my question , I  used registry path to get the sql data root which is default db files

registry path "SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft SQL Server\\$p\\Setup". how can I get the path for custom db data files and log files in remote server  if I configured as mentioned above . Is there any way to get the path from registry or another service in windows .

Note:- There is  no option to use the query to get form the sqlsever inbuilt tables or procedures .

Participant
      Topics: 10
      Replies: 1381
      Helping Hand

Note:- There is  no option to use the query to get form the sqlsever inbuilt tables or procedures .

There are many queries to get the MDF\LDF path:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9630279/listing-information-about-all-database-files-in-sql-server

Why would this method not work?

Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 2

Hi Rob ,

Yeah Rob there are many queries from which we can get the mdf and ldf file paths. But in my case I need to fetch it through Registry which is from OS level where query  is application level .

So I found the location "Computrer\\HKey_Local_Machine\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Microsoft SQL Server\\instance Name \\MSSQLServer " .

Thanks Rob ! !

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.