Author Posts

April 2, 2015 at 7:44 pm

I've attached a screen shot of the error. This was not happening a few days earlier, but now this is happening I run the script from a workstation, it in turn will run a batch against a network server. This was working fine but today I'm getting errors. I fo to run the same code on the network server locally so I can see what the issue is and the error attached is what I see.

Any Idea as to what would cause this?

Thanks,

Kawika

April 2, 2015 at 8:10 pm

Additionally, I wanted to just see if I can invode a simple command from the same server, using localhost, I figured this could test if pssessions is working correctly, maybe :). The results were:

PS Z:\> Invoke-Command -ComputerName localhost {Get-Service -Name 'Nuix Server 4'}
[localhost] Connecting to remote server localhost failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the 
about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
    + CategoryInfo          : OpenError: (localhost:String) [], PSRemotingTransportException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AccessDenied,PSSessionStateBroken

So I'm thinking something may have changed with the configuration of the psremoting or pssessions??? What do you/anyone think??

April 2, 2015 at 8:12 pm

Also, I closed the ISE, then reopened it with Run As Administrator, ran the same code and it worked fine. So, not sure why, but all of a sudden, I can only get the expected results of a pssession if we run powershell as Admin. but this was working fine before. So what could have changed???

April 2, 2015 at 8:42 pm

It is hard to determine what and why something changed on your system. Perhaps a new group policy applied to your system, maybe and old policy that previously didn't completely apply finally worked. The test you describe is different as you are contacting a different system. What is the exact code you are executing and are you using the -Credential parameter or are you using the current logged on user?

April 2, 2015 at 8:57 pm

uses current user, not passing creds...after comparing to other servers that aren't seeing this issue, I found a discrepancy. For the servers that are working as expected, they have the following permissions set:

Powershell Session Users AccessAllowed

The servers that are requiring Run As Admin do not have that permissions set...

Does that look like it could be the issues?