getting installed apps from several computers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kvprasoon kvprasoon 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Angel Duvon
    Angel Duvon
    Participant

Need to get installed apps from several computers in my network, i'm specifically looking for SQL presence on a list of servers.

I would like to get some help with the code that will take the server names from a text file and do a search for SQL based on the file and out-put that info to a text file that will organize it by server name and app installed.

Thanks

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs

Hi Angel,

Have you searched using Google or Bing for PowerShell scripts related to your problem?

Regards
    Daniel

Profile photo of Wilfredo Perez
    Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

Angel,

You can try something like this:

Get-WmiObject -Class Win32_Product -ComputerName NY7D20360 | Where-Object {$_.Name -eq "Microsoft Silverlight"}

You can use also use remoting. My company doesn't allow me to enable remoting for security reason. In -ComputerName you can read from a text file and list all the server names. Rememeber to use test-connection first to make sure the server is up. Change the "Microsoft Silverlight" to the product name you are seaching for.

Thanks
    Freddy

Profile photo of kvprasoon
    kvprasoon
    Participant

Hi Angel,
    Here is how I used to do the same,

Get-WmiObject win32_product -ComputerName .\computers.txt|?{$_.name -like "*sql*"}|select @{E="pscomputername";L="ComputerName"},@{E="name";L="AppName"}|Out-File C:\Users\$env:username\desktop\installedapps.txt

You can do the sam to csv too...

Get-WmiObject win32_product -ComputerName .\computers.txt|?{$_.name -like "*sql*"}|select @{E="pscomputername";L="ComputerName"},@{E="name";L="AppName"}|export-csv  C:\Users\$env:username\desktop\installedapps.csv-notypeinformatio}

Regards,.
    KVPRASOON

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.