Getting SmartCard Credentials

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dan Potter Dan Potter 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Peter Smith
    Peter Smith
    Participant

Is there a way of using Powershell to get smartcard credentials?

Use Case.
    I need to remote to a bunch of servers and disable specific task. The servers need my smartcard credentials.

thanks

Profile photo of Jack Neff
    Jack Neff
    Participant

Creds are creds, there's no difference except when the UAC prompts you type a pin instead of user/pw. By default, any command you run inside a PoSH will use the credentials you used to launch the shell. Some cmdlets like "Invoke-Command" have a -Credential parameter that allow you to provide different credentials.

Profile photo of Peter Smith
    Peter Smith
    Participant

So now I say DOH!! Thanks for the quick response... Don't know why I did not just do it!

Profile photo of Prakash Murugesan
    Prakash Murugesan
    Participant

How i can pass smart-card credential to invoke-command ?

Profile photo of Dan Potter
    Dan Potter
    Participant

what he said.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Dan Potter Dan Potter.
    Profile photo of Prakash Murugesan
    Prakash Murugesan
    Participant

Invoke-Command -ComputerName servername.fqdn -ScriptBlock{get-process} -Credential domain\username

in this if i pass my credential password it works if i pass smart card pin its not working.

Profile photo of Dan Potter
    Dan Potter
    Participant

works for me.

$cred = get-credential #select smartcard enter pin
    Invoke-Command -ScriptBlock{get-process} -ComputerName myserver -Credential $cred

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.