GWI Win32_Volume threshold not working

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Anand Maini Anand Maini 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Anand Maini
    Anand Maini
    Participant

Hi All
    I am hoping to get some assistance as this script has been doing my head in.
    Taken snippets from multiple sources.

Objective: Report back on servers where percentfree space is less than 10%. This is for drives such as CSV drives where the drive letter is not assisgned. I can get the report to give me the output however it is giving me the drives even above the threshold

$TotalGB = @{Name="Capacity(GB)";expression={[math]::round(($_.Capacity/ 1073741824),2)}}
    $FreeGB = @{Name="FreeSpace(GB)";expression={[math]::round(($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824),2)}}
    $FreePerc = @{Name="Free(%)";expression={[math]::round(((($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824)/($_.Capacity / 1073741824)) * 100),0)}}

#grab the names of the servers/computers to check from the list.txt file.
    $computers = get-content "C:\temp\servers.txt"

# Set free disk space threshold below in percent (default at 10%)
    [decimal]$thresholdspace = 10

#assemble together all of the free disk space data from the list of servers and only include it if the percentage free is below the threshold we set above.

$tableFragment= Get-WMIObject -Computer $computers Win32_Volume |

Where-Object {$_.DriveLetter -eq $null -AND $_.label -ne "System Reserved" -AND $_.FreePerc -lt [decimal]$thresholdspace}  | select __SERVER, Label, $TotalGB, $FreeGB, $FreePerc

$tableFragment

Would really appreciate any assistance

Profile photo of Anand Maini
    Anand Maini
    Participant

And right after I post this I figured it out. Probably not the cleanest

Where-Object {$_.DriveLetter -eq $null -AND $_.label -ne "System Reserved" -AND (((($_.FreeSpace / 1073741824)/($_.Capacity / 1073741824)) * 100),0) -lt $thresholdspace}  | select __SERVER, Label, $TotalGB, $FreeGB, $FreePerc

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.