Hard time with Java installer

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave Wyatt 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Chris Romano
    Participant

Could somebody assist me with the below scirpt. When I run it against the machine. It doesn't install whatsoever. Also, I get this error below
    Cannot find a process with the name "jre-7u45-windows-x64". Verify the process name and call the cmdlet again. If Java is already installed would I have to uninstall it first before pushing the update?
    Thanks for the help..
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (jre-7u45-windows-x64:String) [Get-Process], ProcessCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : NoProcessFoundForGivenName,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.GetProcessCommand

function InstallJava {
    param([String]$strComputer, $objFile, $sysArch, $antiarch)

write-host ""
    write-host "Security Installer"
    write-host ""

$JavaName = [string]$objFile.name
    $JavaExt = $objFile.extension
    $JavaFullName = $objFile.FullName
    $JavaProc = ($JavaName.trimend(".exe"))
    write-host $JavaProc

$JavaProc = [string]$JavaProc

if (($JavaName -Notmatch $sysArch) -and ($JavaName -match $antiarch))
    {
    return
    }

if ($JavaName -match "ia64")
    {
    return
    }

copy-item $JavaFullName \\$strComputer\c$\$JavaName -force

$install = (([WMICLASS]"\\$strComputer\ROOT\CIMV2:win32_process").Create("cmd /c c:\$JavaName /s"))

start-sleep -Seconds 5

$javatest = get-process -cn $strComputer -name "$JavaProc"

while ($javatest -ne $null)
    {
    start-sleep -seconds 1
    write-host "waiting for java install to complete"
    $javatest = get-process -cn $strComputer -name "$JavaProc"

}
    < # $javatest = get-process -cn target1 -name "trustedinstaller.exe" -ea silentlycontinue while ($javatest -ne $null) { start-sleep -seconds 1 #write-host "waiting for install to complete" $javatest = get-process -cn target1 -name "trustedinstaller.exe" -ea silentlycontinue } #>

}

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Sorry you're not getting an answer to this – I don't think any of us are familiar enough with the Java installer to provide an answer for you.

Dave Wyatt

Couple things you could try:

• Don't bother wrapping the command in "cmd /c". The Java installer is already an executable, so just launch it directly.
    • Win32_Process.Create(), if successful, gives you the process ID that was launched. It's probably going to be more reliable to search for it by ID rather than by Name later.
    • Find out if there's a parameter you can pass to the java installer to create a log file, which you can review later to see if it's telling you why it failed.

Something along these lines:

# ... snip

$install = (([WMICLASS]"\\$strComputer\ROOT\CIMV2:win32_process").Create("c:\$JavaName /s"))

# Test for the return value here to make sure the method was successful
    if ($install.ReturnValue -ne 0)
    {
        throw New-Object System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception([int]$install.ReturnValue)
    }

do
    {
        Start-Sleep -Seconds 1

try
        {
            # Using the process ID for the search instead of the name.
            $process = Get-Process -ComputerName $strComputer -Id $install.ProcessId -ErrorAction Stop
        }
        catch
        {
            if ($_.FullyQualifiedErrorId -match 'NoProcessFoundForGivenId')
            {
                break
            }
            else
            {
                throw
            }
        }
    } while ($process -ne $null)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.