Help/Advice on adding data to Report (remote Get-ChildItem)

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Help/Advice on adding data to Report (remote Get-ChildItem)

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 16

Hi Folks,
      Hoping for some advice – another set of eyes to tackle an issue.  I have a text/CSV file containing details

This file is pulled down to a Automation Server /Powershell server so it can be used to hold details on which remote servers to connect to and get some info about files/folders.

So this gives me something like:

Which is great, BUT – I am wondering how can I get values from the original CSV file added to that?
      What I mean is – I need to also have the values from the CSV (ie. Server, MasterId, Websitename added to each beginning line of the output and get rid of the PsComputerName and RunSpaceId)

So the end result I need would be:

The aim is to create a text file on the automation server that has that output.

Any ideas/thoughts on best way to approach this?

Participant
      Replies: 707
      Helping Hand

Give this a try

Participant
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1951
      Helping Hand

Another method to try:

Participant
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 253
      Helping Hand

Only thing I would add is the default algorithm for Get-FileHash is SHA-256.  If you need MD5, add -Algorithm MD5 to the Get-FileHash command.

Participant
      Replies: 16

Wow! Once again, this forum comes to the rescue. I am always humbled by the willingness of folks to help out ! This internet-thing ain’t all bad ! 😉

Thank you all for your replies – all is working wonderfully.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.