Help Bulk Permission changes O365 Conferance Rooms

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bucky Koehler Bucky Koehler 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Joel Turner
    Joel Turner
    Participant

I am very new to PowerShell and trying to set permissions on our Conference rooms that have just been migrated from 2010 Exchange to O365.
    I what to run the powershell command.

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -AccessRights LimitedDetails -Identity Room:\calendar -User default

on all of our Conference rooms but i am not sure how to pass -identity to powershell to edit all Conferance rooms i have tried

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -AccessRights LimitedDetails -Identity (Get-Mailbox | where {$_.resourcetype -eq"room"} | Select -Expandproperty primarysmtpaddress):\calendar -User default

i know that -identity is looking for MailboxFolderUserIdParameter and the cmd i am passing is giving it a string value just now sure where to go.

Thanks for any help.

Profile photo of Bucky Koehler
    Bucky Koehler
    Participant

I don't recommend using a one-liner on scripts of this nature, as it's easier to troubleshoot and understand what's going on with variables. I added a -WhatIf for safety; run the first time to verify it's what you'd want to do, then run just the foreach loop the second time without the -whatif to change permissions.

#Get a list of rooms
    $list = Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | where {$_.resourcetype -eq "room"}; $list

#For each room get the calendar permissions, isolate the default user, and verify the permissions, changing if not what is desired.

foreach($mbx in $list){
    	$CalendarPermission = Get-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "$($mbx.UserPrincipalName):\calendar"
    	$default = $CalendarPermission | where{$_.User.DisplayName -eq "Default"}
    	if($default){
    		if($default.AccessRights -ne "LimitedDetails"){Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "$($mbx.UserPrincipalName):\calendar" -User Default -AccessRights "LimitedDetails" -Whatif}
    		Clear-Variable default
    	}else{"No default user found for $($mbx.UserPrincipalName)"}
    }

Edit: Added an if($default) on the off chance someone removed the default user
    Edit: Added -ResultSize Unlimited in case you have over 1000 mailboxes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.