Help Registry -ShowWindow

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Cognic Cognic 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike Catalano
    Mike Catalano
    Participant

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to work for this cmdlet, but it does not behave the same way for others. Using help or 'get-help registry' works fine in the console or ISE, but if i use the showwindow flag this is all i get:

@{DetailedDescription=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]; Notes=; Capabilities=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]; Drives=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]; Synopsis=Provides access to the system registry keys and values from Windows PowerShell.; DynamicParameters=@{DynamicParameter=@{CmdletSupported=Set-Item; PossibleValues=@{PossibleValue=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]}; Name=Type; Description=Specifies the data types to use when storing values in the registry, or identifies the data type of a value in the registry.; Type=@{Name=Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind}}}; RelatedLinks=@{navigationLink=@{uri=; linkText=about_Providers}}; Filters=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]; Tasks=@{Task=System.Management.Automation.PSObject[]}; Name=Registry; Category=Provider; Component=; Role=; Functionality=; PSSnapIn=Microsoft.PowerShell.Core}

Profile photo of Cognic
    Cognic
    Participant

Showwindow works if you specify a single cmdlet. If a search keyword returns multiple cmdlets, you wont get a window. Try " Get-Help Get-Service -ShowWindow"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.