Help request!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  postanote 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Author

mridul das
    Participant

Hello All,

I am new to powershell sripting, required little help solving a requirement, Can anyone help me with a powershell script in getting the latest build artifact from bamboo server & download the same?

Thanks a lot!

mridul das
    Participant

Can anyone guide me with the below error,

Curl : Chunked encoding must be set via the SendChunked property.
    Parameter name: value
    At C:\test.ps1:12 char:1
    + Curl -Uri $artifacts -WebSession $TeamCitySession -TransferEncoding "chunked" -O ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], ArgumentException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ArgumentException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

How to set the sendChunked property ??

Jeremy Murrah
    Participant

Can't say what that could be related to, but in powershell the "curl" command is actually an alias for "Invoke-WebRequest". So you can run this to get the documentation for that command. There might be something in there that helps you out.

get-help Invoke-WebRequest

mridul das
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy for your kind response.

I was getting outofmemory error while downloading a big artifact file(3GB) from bamboo.I am trying to resolve the outofmemory
    error.

Invoke-WebRequest : Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    At C:\test.ps1:7 char:1
    + Invoke-WebRequest -Uri $artifacts -WebSession $TeamCitySession -OutFile "C:\tem ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Invoke-WebRequest], OutOfMemoryException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.OutOfMemoryException,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.InvokeWebRequestCommand

tried setting powershell memory to higher value set-item wsman:localhost\shell\maxmemorypershellmb 1000000 . however, it is not helping me.

Can you or anyone in the forum can suggest me any workaround to it. It will make life easy, help much appreciated.

postanote
    Participant

You want to ensure that you are using the right tool for the right job.

For example, see these to references:
    'blog.jourdant.me/post/3-ways-to-download-files-with-powershell'
    'blogs.technet.microsoft.com/heyscriptingguy/2012/08/25/weekend-scripter-use-powershell-and-bits-to-simplify-downloading-large-files'

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.