How can I export each OU to separate .CSV files

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of touchy2k touchy2k 3 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of touchy2k
    touchy2k
    Participant

How can I export each OU to separate .CSV/xls files? I would like each file to be named the following example. OU=Service Accounts,OU=Corp Objects,DC=corp,DC=domain,DC=com. This means Each file will be will take the name of its' own distinctive OU. How can I go about accomplishing this? This is the PowerShell Script that I am using:

Script-;

Import-Module ActiveDirectory

# This array will hold the report output.
    $report = @()

# Hide the errors for a couple duplicate hash table keys.
    $schemaIDGUID = @{}
    $ErrorActionPreference = 'SilentlyContinue'
    Get-ADObject -SearchBase (Get-ADRootDSE).schemaNamingContext -LDAPFilter '(schemaIDGUID=*)' -Properties name, schemaIDGUID |
    ForEach-Object {$schemaIDGUID.add([System.GUID]$_.schemaIDGUID,$_.name)}
    Get-ADObject -SearchBase "CN=Extended-Rights,$((Get-ADRootDSE).configurationNamingContext)" -LDAPFilter '(objectClass=controlAccessRight)' -Properties name, rightsGUID |
    ForEach-Object {$schemaIDGUID.add([System.GUID]$_.rightsGUID,$_.name)}
    $ErrorActionPreference = 'Continue'

# Get a list of all OUs. Add in the root containers for good measure (users, computers, etc.).
    $OUs = Get-ADOrganizationalUnit -Filter * | Select-Object -ExpandProperty DistinguishedName
    $OUs += Get-ADObject -SearchBase (Get-ADDomain).DistinguishedName -SearchScope OneLevel -LDAPFilter '(objectClass=container)' | Select-Object -ExpandProperty DistinguishedName

# Loop through each of the OUs and retrieve their permissions.
    # Add report columns to contain the OU path and string names of the ObjectTypes.
    ForEach ($OU in $OUs) {
    $report += Get-Acl -Path "AD:\$OU" |
    Select-Object -ExpandProperty Access |
    Select-Object @{name='organizationalUnit';expression={$OU}}, `
    @{name='objectTypeName';expression={if ($_.objectType.ToString() -eq '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000') {'All'} Else {$schemaIDGUID.Item($_.objectType)}}}, `
    @{name='inheritedObjectTypeName';expression={$schemaIDGUID.Item($_.inheritedObjectType)}}, `
    }

# Dump the raw report out to a CSV file for analysis in Excel.
    $report | Export-Csv ".\OU_Permissions.csv" -NoTypeInformation
    Start-Process ".\OU_Permissions.csv"

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

You just need to move your call to Export-Csv inside the loop, instead of generating one giant array of results and dumping it into a single CSV. For example:

# Loop through each of the OUs and retrieve their permissions.
    # Add report columns to contain the OU path and string names of the ObjectTypes.

$properties = @(
        @{name='organizationalUnit';expression={$OU}}
        @{name='objectTypeName';expression={if ($_.objectType.ToString() -eq '00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000') {'All'} Else {$schemaIDGUID.Item($_.objectType)}}}
        @{name='inheritedObjectTypeName';expression={$schemaIDGUID.Item($_.inheritedObjectType)}}
        '*'
    )

ForEach ($OU in $OUs) {
        Get-Acl -Path "AD:\$OU" |
        Select-Object -ExpandProperty Access |
        Select-Object -Property $properties |
        Export-Csv -Path ".\$OU.csv" -NoTypeInformation
    }

You may run into situations where the distinguished name of an OU contains characters that aren't legal in Windows file names; if so, you'll have to add a little bit of extra string manipulation code to create your filename.

touchy2k
    Participant

Dave: That works very well. Is there a way to also have just one single column with this script? What do I need to change? I don't meed to individual columns in the Excel spreadsheet.

Touchy2k

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Sure, but which column do you want to keep? All you have to do is modify the $properties array so it only contains one element.

touchy2k
    Participant

All I need to show is whether the permission is unique to the OU, or if it's being inherited.

touchy2k
    Participant

Do you think it would be better if use dsacl to would be something like:
    foreach-object {dsacls $_ |ft identityreference, accesscontroltype -autosize > c:\$_.csv}

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.