Using the GUI in Windows server, I can add a new partition once new disks are physically added. Here is how the process goes without PowerShell:
1) physically add a new disk to the server
2) turn the server on and log in
3) Go to Server Manager -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management.
4) Right click "Disk 1" go to Online
5) Right click "Disk 1" go to Initialize Disk
6) Right click "Disk 1" go to New Simple partition ...
I create the disk to have it appear as the F drive utilizing all possible space.
I want to do steps 3 through 6 in PowerShell. How do I do this?