how to author custom DSC resource that executes under a different credential

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of vamsee
    vamsee
    Participant

we know some standard DSC resources that allow them to be run under a different credential than the LCM credentials. The property to do this is "PSDscRunAsCredential"

Question:- I am authoring a custom DSC resource and i need this capability for this resource Ex:
    function Test-TargetResource {
    [OutputType([bool])]
    param (
    [PSCredential] $credntial,

)
    try {

}
    catch {
    return $false
    }
    }

How do i make sure that the try block and the catch block in the function are executed under the credential passed?

Profile photo of vamsee
    vamsee
    Participant

we know some standard DSC resources that allow them to be run under a different credential than the LCM credentials. The property to do this is "PSDscRunAsCredential"

Question:- I am authoring a custom DSC resource and i need this capability for this resource Ex:
    function Test-TargetResource {
    [OutputType([bool])]
    param (
    [PSCredential] $credntial,
    #some other needed parameters for the resouce
    )
    try {
    #some code that needs to be executed under the passed credential
    }
    catch {
    return $false
    }
    }

How do i make sure that the try block and the catch block in the function are executed under the credential passed?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Actually, PSDscRunAsCredential is universal. The LCM will accept it for all resources. You don't have to code this yourself – the LCM just handles it.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.