How to Digitally sign a Powershell Module

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Matt McNabb Matt McNabb 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Stephen Yeadon
    Stephen Yeadon
    Participant

How do you digitally sign a powershell module? I have written a number of modules that I now want to deploy. The target machines that I want to deploy to all have the execution policy AllSigned. It is not an option to change this. I have dabbled with digitally signing scripts before but how do I sing a module? Is it just a question of signing each file in the module directory? I have been using this post to help me understand signing scripts but it does not mention modules. [url]http://www.darkoperator.com/blog/2013/3/5/powershell-basics-execution-policy-part-1.html[/url]

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Read help_about_signing, and the command you're after is set-authenticodesignature. Script modules get signed like any other script.

Profile photo of Matt McNabb
    Matt McNabb
    Participant

Stephen

Just to add to what Don said, you will sign the scripts in the module, not the module itself. Of course, a module can be only one script, but the idea is signing each file.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.