how to do “If driver version is lower than x number” run c:\abc.exe

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A how to do “If driver version is lower than x number” run c:\abc.exe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 3

Hi Guys

Can someone please help me for the below issue:

I need to install a network driver is the version is lower than the latest.

I was doing this via reg location, but it seems the key is in different places on same models, I assume it’s how windows decides/ feels lol

So I know how to get the driver version:

Get-WmiObject Win32_PnPSignedDriver| select DeviceName, DriverVersion, Manufacturer | where {$_.DeviceName -like “Realtek RTL8822BE 802.11ac PCIe Adapter”}

Can someone please help with what I need to do for if it is lower than eg 10.2.10 then run c:\abc.exe /s

Thanks in advance

Participant
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 424
      Helping Hand

You can get the driver version more efficiently by using a WMI Filter.  At the moment, you’re getting all of the drivers and then filtering them with Where-Object.

By declaring the [System.Version] type you get objects that are easy to compare

So then it’s just a case of doing the comparison:

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Matt Bloomfield. Reason: Formatting
      • This reply was modified 1 month ago by Matt Bloomfield. Reason: Formatting Again
      Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 3

Thank you so much Matt.

That’s exactly what I was in need of.

Much appreciated.

Have a great day buddy!

Many thanks.

Sunny.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.