I have a form with a Powershell script behind, which is searching the Active Directory for printer queues. So, when I hit the "Scan" button, it starts searching the AD and will then display the results in a datagridview.
In this case, the progressbaroverlay does not even appear (because the $true and $false commands are executed both at the end or something like that).
PS: I also tried the same by replacing $progressbaroverlay1.visible=$true with adding a label and setting $label1.text = "Searching...". I get the same behaviour, the label changes only at the end, after the datagridview was populated.
I figured it out!
But take care! The Refresh for each object will slow down the search a lot!! Instead of taking 5 seconds to search, it took me about 30-40 seconds.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.