How to output results of a function to a ListView form

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A How to output results of a function to a ListView form

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 5

Trying to figure out how I can output the results of a function to show in a listview in my winforms GUI?
      I have the following setup to create a listview and want to know what I need to add to get a function I will be creating to output to the listview window. I am a bit new to this so I am not really sure where to start.

[/crayon]
      Participant
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 557
      Helping Hand

I just helped somebody with something similar on Reddit yesterday. Perhaps this can help get you started.

TreeView/Directory Tree Help – Stuck from PowerShell

Participant

Not sure I really follow what is happening in your code sadly. Not sure what is actually putting the results of the function into the forms element as text.

I actually thinking for my purpose a multi-line textbox is better to use that listview now. My function is just checking multiple servers and reporting back if a service is running or stopped so I won’t need to interact with the data in the box.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by kg213749.
      Participant
      Topics: 7
      Replies: 557
      Helping Hand

I read it wrong anyways, my example is for a treeview. Here is a snippet from another script that demonstrates listview

Participant

Still a bit confused…

I don’t see a function in the example so not sure entirely how its showing what a function would output to the console and putting it into the form element. I decided to use a textbox instead of a listview.

My goal is take my function that is checking servers to see if specific services are running and outputting that data to the textbox when a button is clicked.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.