How to route query variable to object/property variable?

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A How to route query variable to object/property variable?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 113

Given the following query which creates statement to recreate foreign key constraint, it prints the result into  @cmd variable, however, I can’t figure out how to route such variables set in a SQL query to a PowerShell variable…

[/crayon]

How do I accomplish this (  ...| Select ["@cmd"].Value;)?

related

Senior Moderator
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1309
      Helping Hand

You cannot use Select-Object cmdlet here. You may explore the members of $SqlCmd object once the query is executed.

Do a

Then there should be some property which shows the output of the query, if you can output @cmd value from the query itself.

Note: I didn’t use SQL connection objects using PowerShell much.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by kvprasoon. Reason: post correction
      Participant
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 1758
      Helping Hand

Just return it in a Select and then you can capture it like an other Select statement:

Participant
      Topics: 41
      Replies: 113

Just return it in a Select and then you can capture it like an other Select statement:

PowerShell
      7 lines

<textarea class=”ace_text-input” style=”opacity: 0; height: 17.9048px; width: 7.2381px; left: 45px; top: 0px;” spellcheck=”false” wrap=”off”></textarea>

CLOSE cursor_fkeys
      DEALLOCATE cursor_fkeys
      SELECT @cmd As Command
      | Select Command
      XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh I didnt realize I can just select in sql. I thought anytime you select, has to be followed by FROM, interesting…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The topic ‘How to route query variable to object/property variable?’ is closed to new replies.