How to specify a Configuration file when on-boarding a node to DSC

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) How to specify a Configuration file when on-boarding a node to DSC

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Charlie 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 11
    Replies: 4

Hello

I am using Azure Automation DSC (basically DSC pull server in the cloud), but apart from that is is basically DSC

I followed the following article to onboard a node to DSC

https://www.poweronplatforms.com/onboarding-premise-virtual-machine-azure-automation-dsc/

I used the following (as seen in the article)

# Define the parameters for Get-AzureRmAutomationDscOnboardingMetaconfig using PowerShell Splatting
    $Params = @{
    ResourceGroupName = 'RG_01'; # The name of the Resource Group that contains your Azure Automation Account
    AutomationAccountName = 'AutomationAccount-01'; # The name of the Azure Automation Account where you want a node on-boarded to
    ComputerName = @('ADDS02'); # The names of the computers that the meta configuration will be generated for
    OutputFolder = "C:\MOFs;
    }
    # Use PowerShell splatting to pass parameters to the Azure Automation cmdlet being invoked
    # For more info about splatting, run: Get-Help -Name about_Splatting

Get-AzureRmAutomationDscOnboardingMetaconfig @Params

Then on the computer in question I did the following

Set-DscLocalConfigurationManager -Path C:\MOFs

That worked fine and the node was onboarded OK

However, the node did not have a 'configuration' assigned to it (which of course I can do after the fact manually). However I want to automatically assign a configuration to the node via PowerShell, I could not see a parameter to add to

Set-DscLocalConfigurationManager 

perhaps I missed it, therefore can someone please let me know the PowerShell command I need to assign a DSC configuration to a node?

Thanks very much

CXMelga

The topic ‘How to specify a Configuration file when on-boarding a node to DSC’ is closed to new replies.