How to update Selenium module?

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A How to update Selenium module?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by

Senior Moderator
2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 0

I see on Github that on July 2 Adam Driscoll updated the Selenium module with the Wait-SeElementExists cmdlet.  I want to get the updated version of the module.  However, when I run 'update-module selenium', nothing appears to get downloaded and the .psm1 file in C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\Selenium\1.1 retains the timestamp from 2018.

I'm not clear on the relationship between Github and the PowerShellGallery (source for update-module?).  I assume they are maintained separately.  Maybe Adam committed the changes to Github but didn't post the new version to PowerShellGallery?

I downloaded the new module file directly from Github, unzipped it and replaced the previous version.  However, when I execute 'import-module selenium' I get the error:

import-module : File C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\selenium\1.1\Selenium.psm1 cannot
    be loaded. The file C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\selenium\1.1\Selenium.psm1 is not
    digitally signed. You cannot run this script on the current system. For more information about
    running scripts and setting execution policy, see about_Execution_Policies at
    http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.

Any ideas on how to update the Selenium module?

Thanks, Darin

Senior Moderator
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 1040
    Helping Hand

If you have read the error message carefully, it's mentioning about the PowerShell script execution policy in your system. You could choose how to proceed if you can read about_Execution_Policies help file.

Get-Help about_Execution_Policies

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.