January 6, 2021 at 7:09 pm #284572ParticipantTopics: 3Replies: 2Points: 29Rank: Member
I am using the xHyper-V DSC resource to create a VM.
Creating the VM was not an issue. However, I want to be able to customize the VM’s hostname, give it an static IP address etc that comes after creating the VM. The xHyper-V resource has a lot of resources but I couldn’t find a way to post-customize the VM using DSC.
My workflow as I see it looks like this (could be wrong, I would like advice if so):
- Create 3 VMs using the xHyper-V’s XVMHyperV resource
- Configure the VM’s hostname to say ‘DC1’, ‘MS1’, ‘Client1’ etc
- Configure the nodes’ IP addresses using some kind of configuration data type structure
When the VM is created, it has a random jumbled hostname. For me to write a config data structure, don’t I need a specific nodename for each of these VMs so that I can apply the node specific configs using config data structure? I am out of ideas as to how to go about doing this using DSC.
Can some one provide me an example of how I might go about doing these?
Thank you very much.
- This topic was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Krish MD. Reason: Added more explanation to previous post
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.