HTML Conditaional formatting

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Lali
    Lali
    Participant
    Function Get-Diskinfo { 
    Clear-Content "c:\Scripts\comps.txt" 
    Clear-Content "C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\UnreachableHosts.txt"
    [System.DirectoryServices.ActiveDirectory.Forest]::GetCurrentForest().domains.DomainControllers.Name | Out-File "c:\Scripts\comps.txt"  
    $computername = Get-Content "c:\Scripts\comps.txt" -ReadCount 0 
    $ErrorActionPreference = "Stop"
    foreach ($computer in $computername) 
    { 
    Try{
    Get-WmiObject Win32_LogicalDisk -filter "DriveType=3" -computer $computer | 
    Select SystemName,DeviceID,@{Name="Size(GB)"; 
    Expression={"{0:N1}" -f($_.size/1gb)}},@{Name="FreeSpace(GB)"; 
    Expression={"{0:N1}" -f($_.freespace/1gb)}},@{Name="LOW SPACE"; 
    Expression={"{0:N1}" -f($_.freespace / $_.size -lt .2)}}  
     }
    Catch 
    {
    Add-Content "$computer is not reachable" -path C:\Users\administrator.CONTOSO\Desktop\error.txt
    }
    }}  
    $a = ""
    $a = $a + "BODY{background-color:#95B9C7;font-family:Calibri;font-size:10pt;}"
    $a = $a + "TABLE{border-width: 1px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;border-collapse: collapse;}"
    $a = $a + "TH{border-width: 1px;padding: 0px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;background-color:thistle}"
    $a = $a + "TD{border-width: 1px;padding: 0px;border-style: solid;border-color: black;background-color:palegoldenrod}"
    $a = $a + ""
    Get-Diskinfo | ConvertTo-HTML -Head $a | out-file c:\Scripts\DCs.htm 

Above code is working fine. Want to add Color Red when False becomes True on Lowspace.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I'd suggest looking at our free eBook, "Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell." I wrote a module that makes this kind of conditional formatting easier, and the ebook contains an example of exactly that. You'll also have to do a lot less manual HTML creation like you're doing – my module handles most of it, with a lot of dynamic display options.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.