Importing SCOM Powershell Cmdlets

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Boe Prox Boe Prox 2 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

I am trying to run powershell cmdlets of SCOM from my laptop. I have installed the SCOM Operations Console, but when I open my Powershell V3 console, and try to run the SCOM cmdlets they don't run (obviously).

So I tried to import the respective module, but i am getting the below error.

PS C:\Windows\system32> Add-SnapIn Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Client

Add-SnapIn : The term 'Add-SnapIn' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included,
    verify that the path is correct and try again.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Add-SnapIn Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Client
    + ~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Add-SnapIn:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

The error message is perhaps saying that add-snapin is not recognized in Powershell V3. If not then how can I go about the same.

Googling the error message didn't help me out at all. Is there a simpler step by step to make this happen?

Profile photo of Boe Prox
    Boe Prox

Try using (b)Add-PSSnapin(/b) vs. Add-Snapin

Add-PSSnapIn Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.OperationsManager.Client

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.