Author Posts

June 14, 2018 at 7:13 pm

Hello all,

Looking for any kind of helpful advice, when creating AG's on my secondary nodes for a Sql 17 server I am getting this error:

PowerShell DSC resource MSFT_xSQLServerAlwaysOnAvailabilityGroupReplica failed to execute Set-TargetResource functionality with error message: Creating the Availability Group Replica
'xxxxx' failed on the instance 'xxxxx'. InnerException: Invalid column name 'required_copies_to_commit'.
+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: (:) [], CimException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : ProviderOperationExecutionFailure
+ PSComputerName : xxxxx

After doing a bit of research when I go to the Always On cluster and do a select * from sys.availabilitygroup that property 'required_copies_to_commit' is no longer an option for 2017 and a couple of google searches looks like that column was deleted around CU3 "https://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com/" and there was a smo.dll file upgrade that was supposed to fix this bug, well I have the correct version of smo.dll file located in my GAC_MSIL folder and in my SQLServer module, yet still this bug. If anyone could help me or have any clarification on this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!