Installing ServerManager Module

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daniel Krebs Daniel Krebs 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kris

I'm attempting to use Powershell (v4) on Windows 7 SP1 to remotely administer some Azure VMs. I installed the Azure module and that has worked fine. I'm now attempting to install roles and features on the VMs, so I need to use the ServerManager module. This doesn't seem to be available on Windows 7 or Windows 2012 R2. I assume I must be missing something. I've tried the following:

On Windows 7:
    Installed Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 with Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    Enabled the ServerManager feature in Windows

ServerManager still doesn't show up as an available module, so I can't import it.

I haven't figured out where to start on Windows 2012 R2. I'm guessing I need to install or enable a role or feature to get the module, but I can't seem to find any info about what needs to be done. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs

You actually do not really need the ServerManager module on your client. The only thing you need is to establish a successful PowerShell Remoting session to the Azure machines. The ServerManager module is always installed on Windows Server 2012 R2 and many earlier versions.

Invoke-Command -Computer remote.server -ScriptBlock { Install-WindowsFeature -Name DHCP }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.