Internet Email header extraction using Powershell

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Goutham Anush Aenugula Goutham Anush Aenugula 6 days, 18 hours ago.

• Author

Hey there!

I would like to populate an excel sheet with below details for every new email in my Outlook.
    1. From
    2. To
    3. Reply – To
    4. Return Path
    5. X-Agari Original Sender
    6. X-Agari Original Receiver
    7. X-Originating IP
    8. Date

Whenever a new email comes into my outlook inbox or any other SPECIFIC folder, I need an excel sheet to be updated.
    Could you please help me with this?

Regards,
    Goutham

Profile photo of Mark Prior
    Mark Prior
    Participant

you will generally get a better response posting what you have so far here (script), rather than asking people to write you a solution

So far i have done this in Python but could not find proper documentation for the modules which I am using. This is the reason I had to come to Powershell as both Outlook and Powershell are from Microsoft.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Outlook isn't actually "enabled" for PowerShell. The best you're going to be able to do is Outlook's old COM object, which s exposed via .NET Interop for Office Programmability. I'd look into that – but, it's going to be difficult, and it's going to involve a LOT of code. Outlook (and Excel, for that matter) just wasn't designed for this task.

Thanks alot 🙂
    I will wait for your response.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.