Author Posts

April 18, 2017 at 8:09 am

Hey there!

I would like to populate an excel sheet with below details for every new email in my Outlook.
1. From
2. To
3. Reply – To
4. Return Path
5. X-Agari Original Sender
6. X-Agari Original Receiver
7. X-Originating IP
8. Date

Whenever a new email comes into my outlook inbox or any other SPECIFIC folder, I need an excel sheet to be updated.
Could you please help me with this?

Regards,
Goutham

April 18, 2017 at 8:29 am

you will generally get a better response posting what you have so far here (script), rather than asking people to write you a solution

April 18, 2017 at 8:34 am

So far i have done this in Python but could not find proper documentation for the modules which I am using. This is the reason I had to come to Powershell as both Outlook and Powershell are from Microsoft.

April 18, 2017 at 1:22 pm

Outlook isn't actually "enabled" for PowerShell. The best you're going to be able to do is Outlook's old COM object, which s exposed via .NET Interop for Office Programmability. I'd look into that – but, it's going to be difficult, and it's going to involve a LOT of code. Outlook (and Excel, for that matter) just wasn't designed for this task.

April 19, 2017 at 7:37 am

Thanks alot 🙂
I will wait for your response.

May 1, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Any update on this..?

May 2, 2017 at 12:46 pm

If you use exchange with outlook and don't fear someone's code, you can try to look for EWS Exchange examples at this topic

Gathering emails powershell by MAPI / EWS