Invalid Enumeration Context with Get-ADGroupMember

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Greg Tate Greg Tate 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Greg Tate
    Greg Tate
    Participant

I am using the following command to query the count of all security groups in our domain:

Get-ADGroup -Filter {name -notlike 'solution team iw'} | 
    select name, @{n='Member Count' ; e= {(get-adgroupmember $_.samaccountname -recursive).count }} | 
    export-csv C:\\adgroupmembercount.csv

However, the command fails on one group, Solution Team IW.
    I am trying to exclude this group using the expression shown, but the command still returns the error "Invalid Enumeration Context".
    I'm guessing there's a corrupt AD object. But I can't remove this object as business operations depend on it.

I've tried specifying another domain controller, but no luck.

Any ideas on how you would workaround this issue?

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Have you tried just running the initial Get command to confirm that the group is being excluded from the results?

Profile photo of Curtis Smith
    Curtis Smith
    Participant

Hi Greg,
    Take a look at this article on Technet Wiki to see if it helps. I suspect, after looking at your code, you are running into this same issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32418.active-directory-troubleshooting-server-has-returned-the-following-error-invalid-enumeration-context.aspx

Profile photo of Greg Tate
    Greg Tate
    Participant

Curtis,
    You saved the day!

This article helped me understand the issue (and taught me a new skill along the way with using TCPView in conjunction with measure-command).

Ultimately, I was able to get the command to work by reducing the ResltPageSize from default 256 to a smaller number, 25.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.