"Inventory Intervention" - Processor inventory script

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Vern Anderson Vern Anderson 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Jake Sully
    Jake Sully
    Participant

Hello,
    I am trying to do exactly what was in the 2013 scripting games event 2. I've been trying to find Mike Robbins script and can't as the link on his site isn't working.

But I have an environment where I can't patch the 2003 servers to get the right info and I've tried miserably to get the correct CPU count on servers.

Can anyone help me get a script that will report this information for the servers?

Thank you all!
    Jake

Profile photo of Vern Anderson
    Vern Anderson
    Participant

You can try his site http://mikefrobbins.com/ he probably has it archived there.

I archived the beginner category including my losing scripts but I don't have the advanced winners.

Profile photo of Mike F Robbins
    Mike F Robbins
    Participant

I added the script to one of my blog entries for that event since the link to it on the Scripting Games site is no longer valid. You can find it here:
    http://mikefrobbins.com/2013/05/08/2013-powershell-scripting-games-advanced-event-2-why-not-to-use-the-win32_computersystem-wmi-class/

µ

Jake Sully
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much!! I'm going to try it right now, I tried a couple others, but have read your version is the only one that really works on the 2003 servers that aren't patched!

Really Appreciate it!

Jake Sully
    Participant

Hey Mike

Thank you again for this! Is there a way to get the number of cores per physical processor from the script as well if the 2003 servers aren't patched?

Vern Anderson
    Participant

Get-WmiObject Win32_ComputerSystem NumberOfLogicalProcessors | Select-Object NumberOfLogicalProcessors

Vern Anderson
    Participant

This properties shows the number of physical PROCs

"NumberOfProcessors"

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.