Invoke-Command remove PSComputerName

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of carl trevett
    carl trevett
    Participant

Hi

I am trying to remove PSComputerName and RunspaceId from my output. I have tried -ExcludeProperty in different locations with no luck. I am guessing it is in my new PSObject?

$XDArray = Invoke-Command -Computername $XDServers.MachineName -ScriptBlock {
    Add-PSSnapin C*
    $Admins = Get-AdminAdministrator
    ForEach ( $Admin in $Admins.Name ) {

$AdminAdministrator = Get-AdminAdministrator -Name $Admin | Select Name,Rights
    $AdminAdministrator
    $XDSite = Get-XDSite | Select Name

$XDProps = [ordered]@{'Name'=$AdminAdministrator.Name;
    'Rights'=$AdminAdministrator.Rights;
    'XDSite'=$XDSite.Name
    }
    New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $XDProps

}}

Name : test\testaccount
    Rights : {Full Administrator:All}
    XDSite : XDTest
    PSComputerName : TESTSERVER1
    RunspaceId : d7220e52-7724-4e71-b4e1-57a0c0f2a8db

Thanks

Profile photo of Craig Duff
    Craig Duff
    Participant
    $XDArray | Select-Object -Property * -ExcludeProperty PSComputerName,RunspaceID

I find that -ExcludeProperty works against the -Property parameter, and if the -Property parameter isn't defined it does nothing. I suspect that might be what you are running into.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Those properties are added by PowerShell, pretty much "at the last minute" as the results come back. You can't remove them inside the Invoke-Command because they don't exist there; you would need to remove them on your local computer, as it's receiving the results.

Invoke-Command { whatever } | Select -Exclude This,That

carl trevett
    Participant

Thanks Craig you saved me again. Your probably not use to answering rubbish questions like mine but again I'm two weeks into learning the power of PowerShell.

carl trevett
    Participant

Cheers Don, I should of remembered that from your PowerShell CBT's as you did cover that (on info overload at the moment). By the way your PowerShell nuggets are the best. I knew zero about PowerShell couple of weeks back.

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

I appreciate that. I'm surprised they've left that content up since I moved to Pluralsight ;). But glad it worked for you.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.