Invoke-Command remove PSComputerName

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Invoke-Command remove PSComputerName

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Keymaster
2 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi

I am trying to remove PSComputerName and RunspaceId from my output. I have tried -ExcludeProperty in different locations with no luck. I am guessing it is in my new PSObject?

$XDArray = Invoke-Command -Computername $XDServers.MachineName -ScriptBlock {
    Add-PSSnapin C*
    $Admins = Get-AdminAdministrator
    ForEach ( $Admin in $Admins.Name ) {

$AdminAdministrator = Get-AdminAdministrator -Name $Admin | Select Name,Rights
    $AdminAdministrator
    $XDSite = Get-XDSite | Select Name

$XDProps = [ordered]@{'Name'=$AdminAdministrator.Name;
    'Rights'=$AdminAdministrator.Rights;
    'XDSite'=$XDSite.Name
    }
    New-Object -TypeName PSObject -Property $XDProps

}}

Name : test\testaccount
    Rights : {Full Administrator:All}
    XDSite : XDTest
    PSComputerName : TESTSERVER1
    RunspaceId : d7220e52-7724-4e71-b4e1-57a0c0f2a8db

Thanks

Participant
    $XDArray | Select-Object -Property * -ExcludeProperty PSComputerName,RunspaceID

I find that -ExcludeProperty works against the -Property parameter, and if the -Property parameter isn't defined it does nothing. I suspect that might be what you are running into.

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

Those properties are added by PowerShell, pretty much "at the last minute" as the results come back. You can't remove them inside the Invoke-Command because they don't exist there; you would need to remove them on your local computer, as it's receiving the results.

Invoke-Command { whatever } | Select -Exclude This,That

Participant

Thanks Craig you saved me again. Your probably not use to answering rubbish questions like mine but again I'm two weeks into learning the power of PowerShell.

Participant

Cheers Don, I should of remembered that from your PowerShell CBT's as you did cover that (on info overload at the moment). By the way your PowerShell nuggets are the best. I knew zero about PowerShell couple of weeks back.

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

I appreciate that. I'm surprised they've left that content up since I moved to Pluralsight ;). But glad it worked for you.

The topic ‘Invoke-Command remove PSComputerName’ is closed to new replies.