IPAM powershell to find and reserve an ip – Find-IpamFreeAddress

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A IPAM powershell to find and reserve an ip – Find-IpamFreeAddress

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 4

Hi

I am having issues getting the right info from ipam windows with powershell

here is what i type to get an ip

Get-IpamRange -StartIPAddress “10.102.4.25” -EndIPAddress “10.102.5.254” | Find-IpamFreeAddress -NumAddress 1 -TestReachability

it gets me result but i only want an ip that is not ready

I tried | Where-Object … but i dont know what parameter to call

Nothing is documented well or seems i dont get it

I want the next ip that is not ready and to be able to store in a variable

Thanks for the help

Mike

Participant
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 568
      Helping Hand

What exactly did you search for? First search result..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/ipamserver/find-ipamfreeaddress?view=win10-ps

The Find-IpamFreeAddress cmdlet gets one or more free IP addresses from a range of IP addresses in IP Address Management (IPAM). If you specify the NumAddress parameter, the cmdlet returns the requested number of free IPv4 addresses. If you do not specify the NumAddress parameter, the cmdlet returns a single free IP address.

Participant

Here is the line I am using…

Get-IpamRange -StartIPAddress “10.102.4.25” -EndIPAddress “10.102.5.254” | Find-IpamFreeAddress -NumAddress 1 -TestReachability

but i need to identify and use if reachability is false

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by mbmondor75.
      Participant

What exactly did you search for? First search result..

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/ipamserver/find-ipamfreeaddress?view=win10-ps

The Find-IpamFreeAddress cmdlet gets one or more free IP addresses from a range of IP addresses in IP Address Management (IPAM). If you specify the NumAddress parameter, the cmdlet returns the requested number of free IPv4 addresses. If you do not specify the NumAddress parameter, the cmdlet returns a single free IP address.

I actually need to be able to find the ip, check the status and after reserve it. if the ip can ping i dont want to use it

Participant

$FreeIP=Get-IpamRange -StartIPAddress “10.102.4.25” -EndIPAddress “10.102.5.254” | Find-IpamFreeAddress -NumAddress 5 -TestReachability
      If($FreeIP){
      ForEach($IP in $FreeIP){
      If($IP.PingStatus -eq ‘NoReply’){
      Write-Host “Free IP found: $($IP.IpAddress)”
      Set-IpamAddress -IpAddress ($IP.IpAddress).IPAddressToString
      #-ManagedByService IPAM -ServiceInstance localhost -DeviceType Host -IpAddressState In-Use -AssignmentType Static -DeviceName $hostname -ForwardLookupZone croixbleue.corp -ForwardLookupPrimaryServer v1adds01 -ReverseLookupZone 4.102.10.in-addr.arpa -ReverseLookupPrimaryServer v1adds01 -PassThru | select @{N=”Name”;E={$_.DeviceName}}, @{N=”IpV4Address”;E={$_.IPaddress}} | Add-DnsServerResourceRecord -A -ZoneName “croixbleue.corp” -ComputerName $hostname -CreatePtr
      }
      }
      }

Set-IpamAddress : No MSFT_IPAM_Address objects found with property ‘Address’ equal to ‘10.102.4.131’. Verify the value of the property and retry.
      At line:6 char:13
      + Set-IpamAddress -IpAddress ($IP.IpAddress).IPAddressToString
      + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (10.102.4.131:IPAddress) [Set-IpamAddress], CimJobException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletizationQuery_NotFound_Address,Set-IpamAddress

What is wrong with my lines?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.