Issue with Implicit Remoting on Anniversary Update

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Issue with Implicit Remoting on Anniversary Update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by

Participant
2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Participant

I've posted this in the feedback hub (HERE) but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and if there's any known work-around or fixes? This is affecting me as this is on my main workstation (*slap self on wrist*). If all else fails I may need to roll back the update.

The issue is that when trying to do an implicit remoting session and importing the session into my current console I get the error:

Import-PSSession : Could not load type 'System.Management.Automation.SecuritySupport' from assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=3.0.0.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

Participant

UPDATE: First work-around is launching powershell with "-Version 2.0". Going back to v2 is fairly painful but at least I can get through with some of the things I need through implicit remoting...

Participant

Any other options on this? Having the same issue. I'm not sure going back to v2 is going to work for me.

Participant

Hi Peter, why don't you lodge this issue on UserVoice https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/301869-powershell. I've had a few bugs on there fixed.

Make sure to title is 5.1 as this is the version of Powershell that comes with AU.

Participant

The topic ‘Issue with Implicit Remoting on Anniversary Update’ is closed to new replies.