Author Posts

August 22, 2016 at 5:58 pm

I've posted this in the feedback hub (HERE) but I wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing the same issue and if there's any known work-around or fixes? This is affecting me as this is on my main workstation (*slap self on wrist*). If all else fails I may need to roll back the update.

The issue is that when trying to do an implicit remoting session and importing the session into my current console I get the error:

Import-PSSession : Could not load type 'System.Management.Automation.SecuritySupport' from assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=3.0.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Peter Jurgens.

August 22, 2016 at 6:49 pm

UPDATE: First work-around is launching powershell with "-Version 2.0". Going back to v2 is fairly painful but at least I can get through with some of the things I need through implicit remoting...

August 23, 2016 at 2:45 pm

Any other options on this? Having the same issue. I'm not sure going back to v2 is going to work for me.

August 23, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Hi Peter, why don't you lodge this issue on UserVoice https://windowsserver.uservoice.com/forums/301869-powershell. I've had a few bugs on there fixed.

Make sure to title is 5.1 as this is the version of Powershell that comes with AU.