It is not recommended to use domain credential for node

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Wyatt Dave Wyatt 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Adam Weigert
    Adam Weigert

I just installed the PSv5 production preview, so I am going through my previous configuration validating nothing is broken. For my configurations that use domain users for some resources, e.g. xADUser, when building the configuration it produces a warning:

WARNING: It is not recommended to use domain credential for node 'node.domain.local'. In order to suppress the warning, you can add a property named 'PSDscAllowDomainUser' with a value of $true to your DSC configuration data for node 'node.domain.local'.

I know the obvious way to get rid of it, but I'm just wondering since this was added to the core product as a warning, am I doing something not optimal/desirable by using domain users in my resources/configs?

Profile photo of Dave Wyatt
    Dave Wyatt

Hmm, that's new. I suppose maybe Microsoft wants to make it clear that DSC and Active Directory have no dependencies on each other unless you choose to make it so.

Anyhow, I'd say that you're fine, and you should just add the suppression property to your configuration data.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.