JEA not exposing Import-PowerShellDataFile to module

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A JEA not exposing Import-PowerShellDataFile to module

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 1

I’m working on a JEA script that requires importing MSAL.PS.

The JEA configuration is set to use a gMSA, and SessionType=RestrictedRemoteServer.

As part of the JEA Module, I’ve been through the following:

• requiredmodules = @('msal.ps','othercustommodule')

in Module Manifest results in

OpenError: Cannot bind argument to parameter 'LiteralPath' because it is an empty array

Trying each module separately shows msal.ps generating the error, the other one is fine.  Both follow c\prog\winps\modules\<name>\<ver>\<name.psd1> and work fine outside JEA with the gMSA (so not a $env:psmodulepath issue).

• import-module msal.ps

in the root module now results in

ObjectNotFound: The term 'Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility\Import-PowerShellDataFile' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Looking into msal.ps it’s calling Import-PowerShellDataFile to pull some data out of the manifest.  I tried adding to the JEA Module

New-Alias -name Import-PowerShellDataFile -value Microsoft.PowerShell.Utility\Import-PowerShellDataFile -scope global

like is required to use all parameters of Select-Object.  I can now get-command and see the alias, but it doesn’t change the error, implying the module still can’t see it.  I also tried scope script, with no improvement.

Any other ideas?

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.