Jquery file for Creating HTML Reports in PowerShell book

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Peter Jurgens 1 year, 8 months ago.

• Author

Scott Saari
    Participant

Hi, Don,

Thanks for speaking at AZPOSH last night! Question: The book refers to a file that I don't see in the zip anywhere: 'C:\html\jquerydatatable.js'. Is there a way to get that one?

Regards,

Scott

Don Jones
    Keymaster

If you don't tell it otherwise that comes from a Microsoft CDN. Look at the source code and you'll see the URL.

Scott Saari
    Participant

Yes, I did, but it shows it as a local file in the code: 'jQueryDataTableUri'='C:\html\jquerydatatable.js'.
    I just found it on the Web: http://ajax.aspnetcdn.com/ajax/jquery.dataTables/1.9.4/jquery.dataTables.js

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Huh. Used to be a parameter – will check and fix!

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Yeah so it's parametrized in the actual function. Just don't provide that parameter and it grabs from the CDN. You're looking at the demo script which is set to run from my computer.

Scott Saari
    Participant

Cool, thanks. I'm getting this error importing the module too:

The 'C:\Users\ssaari\Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\EnhancedHTML2\EnhancedHTML2.psd1'
    module cannot be imported because its manifest contains one or more members that are not
    valid. The valid manifest members are ('ModuleToProcess', 'NestedModules', 'GUID', 'Author
    ', 'CompanyName', 'Copyright', 'ModuleVersion', 'Description', 'PowerShellVersion', 'Power
    ShellHostName', 'PowerShellHostVersion', 'CLRVersion', 'DotNetFrameworkVersion', 'Processo
    rArchitecture', 'RequiredModules', 'TypesToProcess', 'FormatsToProcess', 'ScriptsToProcess
    ', 'PrivateData', 'RequiredAssemblies', 'ModuleList', 'FileList', 'FunctionsToExport', 'Va
    riablesToExport', 'AliasesToExport', 'CmdletsToExport'). Remove the members that are not v
    alid ('RootModule'), then try to import the module again.
    At D:\ng_backend\scripts\Get-RefreshReport.ps1:15 char:18
    + Import-Module <<<< EnhancedHTML2 -force + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (C:\Users\ssaari...ancedHTML2.psd1:String) [Imp ort-Module], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_InvalidManifestMember,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands. ImportModuleCommand

Don Jones
    Keymaster

You're using v2?

Scott Saari
    Participant

It's a client's server, powershell 2.

Don Jones
    Keymaster

Yeah. Don't do that. It was written for v3.

AK
    Participant

I do have the same question. Example references
    'jQueryDataTableUri'='C:\html\jquerydatatable.js';
    'jQueryUri'='C:\html\jquery.js'
    and there is another commented out section that uses CDN. Should these JS files be included with the module download?
    Also, for some reason pagination does not work for me.

Peter Jurgens
    Participant

Jquery datatables is a free JS script. Just Google it and download it if you need.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.