Just getting started!

Welcome Forums DSC (Desired State Configuration) Just getting started!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by

Keymaster
3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author

Participant

Hi! I am just getting started with the PowerShell DSC.
    Can someone give me a brief explanation about what DSC is and what i do with it?

Participant
    Helping Hand

This is fully explained / documented on MS website and in videos on MS channel9 or even YouTube vids as well as all over the web on many sites. Give those a spin, try some things and get back to us.

Introducing PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
    'blogs.technet.microsoft.com/privatecloud/2013/08/30/introducing-powershell-desired-state-configuration-dsc'

Desired State Configuration (DSC) is a feature in PowerShell 4.0 and Windows Server 2012 R2 that helps Windows administrators manage and deploy software services' configuration data and the environment the services run in. DSC provides a set of PowerShell language extensions, cmdlets and a process called declarative scripting.
    'systemcentercentral.com/day-1-intro-to-powershell-dsc-and-configuring-your-first-pull-server'

'docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/dsc/overview'

Learning PowerShell DSC – Second Edition: Automate deployment and configuration of your servers
    'amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=powershell+dsc&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=77859220375862&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2cz7gg6edb_e'

17 Hours of PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) Video Training
    'blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ashleymcglone/2015/05/22/17-hours-of-powershell-desired-state-configuration-dsc-video-training'
    'youtube.com/results?search_query=wershell+dsc'

Keymaster
    Helping HandTeam Member

You can also consider "The DSC Book," but in terms of understanding what it is, Docs.Microsoft.com is pretty thorough.

The topic ‘Just getting started!’ is closed to new replies.