Author Posts

July 19, 2018 at 12:41 pm

Hi! I am just getting started with the PowerShell DSC.
Can someone give me a brief explanation about what DSC is and what i do with it?

July 19, 2018 at 5:53 pm

This is fully explained / documented on MS website and in videos on MS channel9 or even YouTube vids as well as all over the web on many sites. Give those a spin, try some things and get back to us.

Introducing PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
'blogs.technet.microsoft.com/privatecloud/2013/08/30/introducing-powershell-desired-state-configuration-dsc'

Desired State Configuration (DSC) is a feature in PowerShell 4.0 and Windows Server 2012 R2 that helps Windows administrators manage and deploy software services' configuration data and the environment the services run in. DSC provides a set of PowerShell language extensions, cmdlets and a process called declarative scripting.
'systemcentercentral.com/day-1-intro-to-powershell-dsc-and-configuring-your-first-pull-server'

'docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/dsc/overview'

Learning PowerShell DSC – Second Edition: Automate deployment and configuration of your servers
'amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=powershell+dsc&tag=mh0b-20&index=aps&hvadid=77859220375862&hvqmt=e&hvbmt=be&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_2cz7gg6edb_e'

17 Hours of PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC) Video Training
'blogs.technet.microsoft.com/ashleymcglone/2015/05/22/17-hours-of-powershell-desired-state-configuration-dsc-video-training'
'youtube.com/results?search_query=wershell+dsc'

July 19, 2018 at 7:17 pm

You can also consider "The DSC Book," but in terms of understanding what it is, Docs.Microsoft.com is pretty thorough.