Launching a PowerShell script from a Linux/Jenkins Server

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Daniel Krebs Daniel Krebs 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Kiran
    Kiran
    Participant

I have Jenkins 1.6 running on CentOS 7.2. I have Windows 2012 servers that I want to receive builds from the Jenkins server. These Windows servers are not on a domain. They have OpenSSH installed on them. To be sure, when a Windows server receives a build from Jenkins, is it a managed node or a slave node?

I can use OpenSSH with a non-Jenkins user to connect from my Linux server to my Windows server. I can script this to happen. But once that happens, none of my script will execute after getting connected. I want to run a .bat file or a CMD command to launch a PowerShell script. I want this functionality nested in my Linux bash script. My Linux bash script does a fine job of connecting. But after that, there is an interactive CMD session in my Putty session.

How do I launch CMD commands automatically without Cygwin? Connecting from Linux is not a problem.

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs
    Participant

I believe your best option is to install Jenkins in the "slave node" mode on the Windows Server to run anything you need without SSH.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.