Learn powershell kind of silly question

Welcome Forums Non-Technical Discussions Books + Videos Learn powershell kind of silly question

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by
    Participant
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Hi. this is not about teaching, but about learning by oneself.

This might seem a silly question. I don’t use Powershell at work, I don’t have any administrative power at work, I only develop web applications. So I’m only doing this for myself.

I have wanted to learn scripting for some time now, and I want to start. Sorry for being stupid, but how do you suggest I do this? I don’t know much about what you can do in powershell, so I don’t know what I want to do 🙂
      Would it be best to just buy books and read one after another and try out the code and tasks in there? Would it be better to try out small tutorials online and get to books only after I have some level of knowledge and “experience”? Would it be better to decide to make some projects with powershell and start researching for them task by task?

Also, can you recommend some good books? I would also like ones with theory too, not just code-based like the “N recipes” style. I want to understand what is going on behind the curtain, not just to memorize some commands.

Thank you.

• This topic was modified 1 month ago by kvprasoon. Reason: move to right category
      Senior Moderator
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1236
      Helping Hand
      Participant
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 1

Thank you very much. I appreciate taking the time to answer.

Have a nice day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.