js

Participant
1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Hi all,

I have a love\hate relationship with programming. My knowledge in programming comes from many years ago when i took a course of C and VB6. Unfortunately i didn't find work at the time as a programmer and i turned into systems and network. But the fire of programming still burning inside of me.
    I would like to learn more about Powershell and i  rather doing it for a start from free material as eBooks and etc. Also i always was amazed how people knows all about those properties and the inside of the operating systems and would love to get material about that too.

Thanks in advance.

Topics: 8
    Replies: 884
    Helping Hand

For internals, I suggest "PowerShell in Action" by Bruce Payette, otherwise the best one is "Learn PowerShell in a month of lunches" by Don Jones.

Participant
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 1

I like the recommended book by Jeffrey Snover who was the inventor of PowerShell – "Learn PowerShell in a month of lunches" by Don Jones.

Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 2

Thanks kvprasoon and luzbellas

Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 296
    Helping Hand

For looking inside the Windows operating system, the Windows Internals books are an incredible source of information.

I never thought they'd update it past Windows 7 but the first part of the 7th edition, updated for Windows 10 and Server 2016 was released in 2017 and part 2 is due later this year. The books go very deep into how the operating system works.

For free videos that go deep Channel 9 has excellent content.

js

Participant
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 619
    Helping Hand

Any Jeffrey Snover video.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.