Author Posts

September 27, 2013 at 5:57 am

Hello all,

I'm trying to manage my public folder permissions with the Exchange Management Shell from my machine. I'm able to manage mailbox permissions but not public folders. However, when I log on to the server I can manage the public folder permissions just fine.

As an example this is the error I get when I try to run the Add-PublicFolderClientPermmission CMDLET on my local machine but can run it just fine on the Exchange Server

Add-PublicFolderClientPermission : The term 'Add-PublicFolderClientPermission' is not recognized as the name of a
cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify
that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ Add-PublicFolderClientPermission -Identity "\Folder Name\" -AccessRights Edi ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (Add-PublicFolderClientPermission:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Any help would be appreciated.

September 27, 2013 at 11:56 am

Which version of Exchange are you using?

Which modules/snapins have you loaded into PowerShell – if I remember correctly Exchange has several. Check that the cmdlets you want are in the module you have loaded.

September 30, 2013 at 7:21 am

I'm running Exchange 2010 Version: 14.02.0342.003 and I'm loading the following module

Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Powershell.e2010

Is there a decent resource I can use to find which modules are needed for exchange?

September 30, 2013 at 9:27 am

The Add-PublicFolderClientPermission cmdlet is part of the Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Powershell.e2010 snapin so you should have it.

What do you get returned if you run

get-command add-p* -module Microsoft.Exchange.Management.Powershell.e2010