Map Network Drive Based on Usershared drive attribute.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wilfredo Perez Wilfredo Perez 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Partho Sankar Roy
    Partho Sankar Roy
    Participant

Hi, Guys, Would you be able to help me to create a script to map a network drive based on file share mapped on usershareddrive attribute in AD. Any idea would be helpful. I am not sure if this can be done via GPO. Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Wilfredo Perez
    Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

Can we see your code. You will need to capture the username, look it up in AD and ..... Lets see some code. This would be done via GPO or make it part of your login script.

Partho Sankar Roy
    Participant

Here is what I was trying to but seems not getting it properly. I would then use it as logon script.

$share=Get-ADUser -Identity $env:USERNAME -Properties * |select userSharedFolder

New-PSDrive -Name G -PSProvider FileSystem -Root "$share"

Partho Sankar Roy
    Participant

$share=Get-ADUser -Identity $env:USERNAME -Properties * |select userSharedFolder

New-PSDrive -Name G -PSProvider FileSystem -Root $share.userSharedFolder -Persist

Tried this one now, seems its happening, but cant see the drive in windows explorer.

Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

This worked for:
    $shared = (get-aduser -Identity $env:USERNAME -Properties *).HomeDirectory
    new-psdrive -Name G -PSProvider FileSystem -Root $shared

No need to use Quotation marks in "$share"

Partho Sankar Roy
    Participant

Yeah you are right mate. But the problem is the script will run on win 7 clients. Now not all of them would have AD module installed. Do you think we can run it there somehow. I am thinking of using invoke command to some server where ad moudle would be there. Or if you have some other idea.

Wilfredo Perez
    Participant

You can always import the modules from another computer

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.