Matching config file data with WMI output

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Adarsh Adarsh 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Adarsh
    Adarsh
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie in powershell and got stuck while comparing my configuration file content with output. Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Problem scenario:

I've config.xml file in below format.Sample data and script below

$hbas = gwmi -Namespace root/wmi -Class MSFCFibrePortHBAAttributes | select Manufacturer, Model, DriverVersion, Firmware

Currently, I'm using below logic to check my configuration with above output($hba)
    ## script logic

foreach (Configuration in OS.Configuration) { ## To parse xml attributes
    foreach ($hba in $hbas) { # we have 4 instance of hba
    $my = $configuration.hba | where {hba.manufacturer -match $_.Manufacturer} |where {hba.model -match $_.model} | where {hba.Driverversion -match $_.Driverversion} | | where {hba.Firmwareversion -match $_.Firmwareversion}
    if ($my) { break }
    }
    if ($my) { break }
    }

##—————–

With above code, I was able to successfully figure out whether configuration file settings matches with output($hba) or not and show it to SA's by displaying message that combination is not supported.

Now, I've new requirement where needs to display specifically the details of output component $hbas (Manufacturer,Model, Driverversion or firmwareversion) as an error that failed to match from config file.

In real case scenario, we have 10+ 1 on 1 mapping in our configuration file.

Regards,
    Adarsh

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Web pages don't like XML :). Consider posting that as a Gist and just inserting the Gist URL here.

Profile photo of Adarsh
      Adarsh
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie in powershell and got stuck while comparing my configuration file content with output. Please assist. Thanks in advance.

Problem scenario:

I've config.xml file in below format.Sample data and script below

xml config file gist url :

$hbas = gwmi -Namespace root/wmi -Class MSFCFibrePortHBAAttributes | select Manufacturer, Model, DriverVersion, Firmware

Currently, I'm using below logic to check my configuration with above output($hba)

## Script logic below

foreach (Configuration in OS.Configuration) { ## To parse xml attributes
      foreach ($hba in $hbas) { # we have 4 instance of hba
      $my = $configuration.hba | where {hba.manufacturer -match $_.Manufacturer} |where {hba.model -match $_.model} | where {hba.Driverversion -match $_.Driverversion} | | where {hba.Firmwareversion -match $_.Firmwareversion}
      if ($my) { break }
      }
      if ($my) { break }
      }

With above code, I was able to successfully figure out whether configuration file settings matches with output($hba) or not and show it to users by displaying message that combination is not supported.

Now, I've new requirement where needs to display specifically the details of output component $hbas (Manufacturer,Model, Driverversion or firmwareversion) as an error that failed to match from config file.

In real case scenario, we have 10+ 1 on 1 mapping in our configuration file.

Regards,
      Adarsh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.