Member value not passed to output

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jason Yoder Jason Yoder 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Ramil Rohi
    Ramil Rohi
    Participant

Hello

I have a problem with outputting one kind of variable while others work fine.

param(
        [Parameter(Position=0, Mandatory=$True)]
        [ValidateNotNullOrEmpty()]
        [string]$Name
    )
    $Crnt_Svc = Get-Service "*$Name*"
    $Output = ($Crnt_Svc | Format-Table -AutoSize | Out-String)
    $NewLine = [Environment]::NewLine

Send-MailMessage -To $Address -From "from@domain.tld" -SmtpServer $SMTPSrv -Subject "$Crnt_Svc.Name ei töötanud, üritasin käivitada." -Encoding "UTF8" -Body $Output
    Write-EventLog -LogName $EventLogName -Source $EventSrc -EventId 0 -Category 0 -EntryType Error -Message "[TEST]$NewLine$Crnt_Svc.Name teenus ei töötanud. Teenus üritati käivitada. E-mail saadeti aadressaadile.$NewLine$Output"

Now, while $Output gets passed on just fine, $Crnt_Svc.Name is sent as follows: System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Name

So what I get via e-mail and in Event Log is:
    E-mail: System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Name did not work, attempted to start
    EventLog: [TEST]System.ServiceProcess.ServiceController.Name did not work. Attempted to start service. E-mail was set to recepient.
    Status Name DisplayName
    —- —– ——
    Stopped | MyServiceName | Longer name of my service

nvmd.. found out that I need to put $Crnt_Svc.Name in $().

Profile photo of Jason Yoder
    Jason Yoder
    Participant

Ramil,
    I'm away from my test environment, so this is just a suggestion to try. Write the subject parameter's argument as:
    "$($Crnt_Svc.Name) ei töötanud, üritasin käivitada."

This utilizes a sub expression to first pull the value that you are looking for and placing it in the string.

Let me know if this works,
    Jason

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.