Method ‘get_SerializationSettings’ issue in New-AzureRmSQLServer

Welcome Forums General PowerShell Q&A Method ‘get_SerializationSettings’ issue in New-AzureRmSQLServer

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 4

Hi Folks,

Just trying to create a new Azure SQL Server by using New-AzureRmSQLServer. The username and password are already available in variables. I’m trying code like this:

# Create the administrator credentials
      $secureAdministratorPassword = ConvertTo-SecureString $administratorPassword -AsPlainText -Force
      $sqlServerAdministratorCredentials = New-Object PSCredential($administratorUserName, $secureAdministratorPassword)

# Create the SQL Server
      New-AzureRmSQLServer -ServerName $sqlServerName `
      -SqlAdministratorCredentials $sqlServerAdministratorCredentials `
      -Location $datacentreLocation `
      -ResourceGroupName $resourceGroupName

But I’m ending up with the following error that really doesn’t give much of a clue about the issue:

New-AzureRmSQLServer : Method ‘get_SerializationSettings’ in type ‘Microsoft.Azure.Management.Sql.SqlManagementClient’
      from assembly ‘Microsoft.Azure.Management.Sql, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ does
      not have an implementation.

Is there a wrong version of one of the dependencies?

Thanks,

Greg

Participant
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 2231
      Helping Hand

When you crosspost the same question at the same time to different forums you should at least post links to the other forums along with your question to avoid people willing to help making their work twice or more.
      Thanks.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60732661/method-get-serializationsettings-issue-in-new-azurermsqlserver

Participant

Hi Olaf,

I was trying to work out how to remove it from here (after posting, I thought SO might be a better option), but for the life of me, I can’t find a “delete” button. The “Edit” option doesn’t offer a Delete either. Is there one?

Participant

I have no idea why the AzureRm option doesn’t work, but I changed all the code to use Az instead, and it all just works.

So nothing else required thanks.

Participant
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 516
      Helping Hand

Use the current New-AzSqlServer cmdlet of the AZ PS module (Az.Sql)
      You also need to uninstall-module AzureRM

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.