Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Management in Export-CSV column

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Neville D’Souza 2 days, 21 hours ago.

• Author

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Hi All,

I wrote a small script to get me a report that have forwarding rules in their outlook. The output is fine on screen but when I try to output it to excel I get these 1",,"Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.Management.ADRecipientOrAddress[]" in RedirectTo and ForwardTo columns. The code is as follows

$Report = @()

$Report += foreach ($i in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited)) { Get-InboxRule -Mailbox $i.DistinguishedName | 
    				Where {($_.RedirectTo) -or ($_.ForwardTo)} | 
    				Select Name,Description,MailboxOwnerID,RedirectTo,ForwardTo }

$Report | Export-CSV C:\Scripts\InboxRuleReport.csv -Append

Can anyone help me get the output in excel properly please? Any suggestion to get the mailbox from email address in one column is welcome.

Jeremy Corbello
    Participant

The RedirectTo and ForwardTo objects are arrays, so when you try to convert it to a string it'll just give you the type – not very useful when you're trying to get the data within the array.

This is when you'd use the '-join' operator. It takes the elements of the array and 'joins' them into a single string, separating them with the delimiter of your choice. In the below code, I've use commas to delimit the values, but you can use ';', '/', etc.

$Report = @()

$Report += foreach ($i in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize 200)) { Get-InboxRule -Mailbox $i.DistinguishedName | 
    				Select Name,Description,MailboxOwnerID,@{Name="RedirectTo";Expression={$_.RedirectTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardTo";Expression={$_.ForwardTo -join ','}} }

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy. It works well. The only thing that remains is to get email address instead of MailboxOwnerID. Any ideas anyone?
    I have added ForwardAsAttachmentTo to cover all kinds of forwards.

$Report = @()

$Report += foreach ($i in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize 200)) { Get-InboxRule -Mailbox $i.DistinguishedName | 
    				Select Name,Description,MailboxOwnerID,@{Name="RedirectTo";Expression={$_.RedirectTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardTo";Expression={$_.ForwardTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardAsAttachmentTo";Expression={$_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo -join ','}} }

Jeremy Corbello
      Participant

Just swap out "MailboxOwnerID" for "PrimarySmtpAddress".

$Report = @()

Select Name,Description,PrimarySmtpAddress,@{Name="RedirectTo";Expression={$_.RedirectTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardTo";Expression={$_.ForwardTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardAsAttachmentTo";Expression={$_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo -join ','}} }

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy for your response but PrimarySmtpAddress comes blank on screen and csv. I had tried with UserPrincipleName and SamAccountName if I could at least get the username but that too comes blank.

Jeremy Corbello
      Participant

Oops, that's what I get for not having coffee first.

The "PrimarySmtpAddress" field is pulled from your Get-Mailbox request. So when we call that data below, we have to specify where we're pulling "PrimarySmtpAddress" from – otherwise it pulls it from the current object, which in our case is Get-InboxRule.

Below I'm changing Select PrimarySmtpAddress, which attempts to pull that data from Get-InboxRule, to Select @{Name="PrimarySmtpAddress";Expression={$i.PrimarySmtpAddress.Address}

$Report = @()

Select-Object Name,Description,@{Name="PrimarySmtpAddress";Expression={$i.PrimarySmtpAddress.Address},@{Name="RedirectTo";Expression={$_.RedirectTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardTo";Expression={$_.ForwardTo -join ','}},@{Name="ForwardAsAttachmentTo";Expression={$_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo -join ','}} }

Neville D’Souza
    Participant

Thanks Jeremy for the help and explanation. This is perfect now. I did a few modifications to change column names of the CSV, changed -Resultsize to Unlimited and added ($_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo) to Where logic.

$Report = @()

$Report += foreach ($i in (Get-Mailbox -ResultSize unlimited)) { Get-InboxRule -Mailbox $i.DistinguishedName | 
    				Where {($_.RedirectTo) -or ($_.ForwardTo) -or ($_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo) } | 
    				Select @{Name="Rule Name";Expression={$_.Name}},`
    				       @{Name="Rule Description";Expression={$_.Description}},`
    				       @{Name="PrimarySmtpAddress";Expression={$i.PrimarySmtpAddress.Address}},`
    				       @{Name="RedirectTo";Expression={$_.RedirectTo -join ','}},`
    				       @{Name="ForwardTo";Expression={$_.ForwardTo -join ','}},`
    				       @{Name="ForwardAsAttachmentTo";Expression={$_.ForwardAsAttachmentTo -join ','}} }

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.