Mobile friendly WordPress theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Don Jones Don Jones 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs

Hi Will,

As requested the reminder 🙂

It would be great if our WordPress theme could be updated to be mobile friendly, especially the Forums.

ICAN reply to forum posts from a phone without using my laptop SO THAT help to forum users can be provided faster, especially for the easy questions which do not require testing in a PowerShell console.

Thanks very much! It was great to meet you at the Summit.
    Daniel

Profile photo of William Anderson
    William Anderson
    Participant

Thanks for the reminder Daniel! This is something that we'll be looking at in the next design review!

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

Keep in mind you don't really "update" a theme; you build an entirely new one from scratch 😉 So it's a non-trivial activity.

Profile photo of Daniel Krebs
    Daniel Krebs

Thanks so much for implementing the mobile friendly theme so soon after my suggestion.

I mostly like the update. The only item I do not like is that the articles that used to be front and center almost disappear now from the screen even with a resolution of 1920×1080.

All the best to you,
    Daniel

Profile photo of Don Jones
    Don Jones
    Keymaster

The articles are on a dedicated "Articles" tab, rather than being on the home page. With as many things as we're offering, having a more formal "front page" makes it a little easier to direct someone's attention.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.